- That it's impossible for you to be happy because of your physical pain?
- That you can't do anything that would make you happy because your pain gets in the way too much?
- That if only you could eliminate the pain, you wouldn't feel so depressed?
- That your symptoms and your mood will probably never improve?
- That some people just aren't meant to find happiness?
- That you've tried all the treatments for depression and pain, but you've failed, and are doomed to keep failing?
If any of this sounds familiar, you are not alone - and there's nothing wrong with your brain for putting these thoughts in your mind. The state of mind you are in is a normal human response to what you're experiencing...
The problem is that even though these thoughts FEEL true, they are scientifically inaccurate.