- That it's impossible for you to be happy because of your physical pain?
- That you can't do anything that would make you happy because your pain gets in the way too much?
- That if only you could eliminate the pain, you wouldn't feel so depressed?
- That your symptoms and your mood will probably never improve?
- That some people just aren't meant to find happiness?
- That you've tried all the treatments for depression and pain, but you've failed, and are doomed to keep failing?
If any of this sounds familiar, you are not alone. The state of mind you are in is a normal human response to what you're experiencing...
The problem is that even though these thoughts FEEL true, they are not always scientifically accurate.